Over the past two months I have been honored with some very special blogging awards. It is still so shocking to me that, not only do people read the things I have to say, but they also enjoy them enough to actually give me an award for it. That is just incredible to me and it is an honor I never expected once let alone three times!
First the Versatile Blogger award. This was given to me by two other incredible bloggers. I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Martin Shone and Lynn Kelley for choosing to pass this award on to me. Be sure you check out their blogs, you will find some fantastic stuff there.
There are three rules in accepting this award.
1. Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. List seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
I have already linked back to Martin and Lynn (and have just done so again ), so I will go on to number 2. This part is rather difficult for me, especially since many of the fun things I could mention I have already talked about in previous blog posts, but I will do my best.
1. Over the course of my vocal studies I sang in 7 different languages. English, Latin, Italian, French, German, Spanish, and Hebrew.
2. I was an extra in the 1994 movie Summertime Switch and you can actually see me in the scene I was in. I look ridiculous.
3. I like ice cream. A lot. I can eat a pint of Ben & Jerry’s in 5 minutes without purposely trying to do so. My in-laws used to buy it for me just so they could watch.
4. I played the Fairy Godmother in my 5th grade production of Cinderella.
5. I almost died at the age of two from encephalitis (inflammation of the brain).
6. When I was 13 and went on a family vacation to the Smokey Mountains I was chosen to compete in one of the games in the performance ring at the Dixie Stampede.
7. When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out it was right before my birthday. I got the book at midnight and was going out with my girlfriends the next evening, so I stayed up all night and read the entire book so I could fully enjoy my friends without wondering what was going to happen to Harry.
Okay, now for the fun part. I get to pass the award on.
1. Natalie Hartford – Life Out Loud
2. Jenny Hanson – Cowbell: You Need More of It
3. M.G. Miller – A Little Southern Exposure
4. Jillian Dodd – Glitter, Bliss, and Perfect Chaos
5. Debra Kristi – Sparks in the Fire
6. Marcy Kennedy – Life at Warp 10
7. Coleen Patrick – Read. Smile. Repeat.
8. Clay Morgan – Pop Culture & the Meaning of Life
9. Liz Schulte – Bat Country
10. Ginger Calem – I am Blogger…Hear me Tweet
11. August McLaughlin – Savor the Storm
12. Emma Burcart – Occasional Epiphanies
13. Alicia McKenna Johnson – Arm Chair Adventures
14. Colin Falconer – Looking for Mr. Goodstory
15. Lena Corazon – Flights of Fancy
Now imagine my astonishment when not long after I received the two Versatile Blogger awards I received another. This time it was the Liebster Blog award from the one and only Myndi Shafer. I was rendered pretty much speechless from this. Myndi is one of my absolute favorite bloggers and for her to recognize me was one of the biggest compliments I could receive.
“Liebster” is the German word for “dearest” and this award is given to new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. As before, there are a couple of stipulations for accepting the award.
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them.
2. Pass the award on to 5 fellow bloggers and let them know.
I have already thanked and linked back to Myndi, so now to pass this award on.
1. Coty Chanley – My fellow, and hilarious, Glee Chat co-host uncensored.
2. Tim O’Brien – Static in the Airwaves
3. Karen Rought – The Midnight Novelist
4. Fabio Bueno – Diomonds & Rust
5. Samantha Warren – Stealing Starships
* * *
If you are one of the blogs that I listed here I hope that you will be able to take the time to pass your award on, but there is absolutely no pressure. Feel free to take your time if you are just too busy right now – I certainly did. Also, make sure that you remember to save the image and attach it to the blog post that you create.
I really hope that you check out some of the blogs that I have listed. I know that there are a lot of them, especially when you combine the two lists, but I promise you they are worth it.